Songs of the Moment – April 17, 2014
As a music lover and DJ, it’ s not uncommon for me to have a “song of the moment”…. that moment can last months, and it can include songs of multi genres and older songs. Here is my current “I can’t hear enough tunes”. The songs stuck in my head and repeat hit over and over again… No particular order of preference, they are all equal in my book.
Songs of the Moment:
1. Alter Bridge – Addicted To Pain: Two words for you.. MYLES KENNEDY!!! Let’s make that four… and toss in MARK TREMONTI!!!! Swoon fest… one of my favorite vocalists with one of my top guitarists…. Addicted To Pain is right off their current album, Fortress, released from Roadrunner Records Sept, 25, 2013. What a great birthday present I got!!! This song is hard and heavy…. I LOVE IT! I am sharing two videos of the song… one the “normal” version, and the other an unplugged version. Either way, the song rocks.
2. Within Temptation ft Dave Pirner – Whole World is Watching: Simply gorgeous…. It is mellow compared to the first song I mentioned… Fresh off the Feb 2014 Hydra release. The whole album is brilliant in all actuality.
3. Tech N9ne – Fragile (ft. Kendrick Lamar, ¡MAYDAY! & Kendall Morgan): LOVE!!! This song is sexy. Perfect blend of harmony, funk, and rap. This song is from Tech N9ne’s 2013 album, Something Else “I am an artist and I am sensitive about my shit”… I can relate… 🙂
4. Blake Shelton – Doin What She Likes: I am sure this comes as no shock to anyone that knows me, or has read my blogs for a while. I LOVE country music… I am a devote Blake fan to boot. This song is just beautiful, and when watching the video at the same time, it highlights his sense of humor as well. This song is the 4th single release from his Jan 2014 album Based on a True Story. Whole album is worth a listen!
5. Richard ‘Daddy’ Love -aka- Zachariah Loon – Red Dirt In Her Blood: One of my best friends, and family in my heart… This is one of my favorite songs that he has penned. I feel lucky enough to have his mp3s delivered to my “door”. If he ever does a video or shareable audio file for my all time Daddy Love Favorite song “Raining In The Mountain”, I can promise you it will be on this website as a spotlight song. (HINT HINT, DADDY LOVE!! :P) BTW if you live in Oklahoma, you can catch him live at various venues, or at SWAN.
6. EVERYTHING GEORGE STRAIT!!! I can not lie here… George is always on my play list… even the one in my head… pick a song any song… I have them ALL!! As the King rolls into retirement, I thought this video and song was the perfect one to share here.
7. Slipknot – Snuff: Yes, an oldie but still a goodie. I am a big Corey Taylor fan… especially on the songs he showcases that golden voice… with out further ado.. from their album All Hope Is Gone, released in 2009, I give you.. SNUFF!
8. Kelliana – Brighid: This is a staple song for me… It’s a spiritual thing. My grandmother celebrated her all her life, I share that same love for the Lady Brighid. This track is off the Lady Moon album, released February, 2004.. on Imbolc no less. 🙂
9. Heather Dale – The Morrigan: Again, this is another staple song for me. I am Pagan, and this is my most beloved Lady. (Morrigan that is) This is off her Fairytale album for 2011.
10. Loreena McKennitt – The Mummers’ Dance: I am a big fan of Ms McKennitt… she has inspired artwork to be painted and rendered. This time of the year, since we just celebrated Ostara.. this song is in my head until summer hits every year. This track is off The Book of Secrets album from 1997.
Links to Artists Websites:
If you have enjoyed these songs, check out the artist’s websites and BUY their music. Remember, most tracks cost less then a cup of coffee.