Things You Should Know About Me If We Are Going To Be BFFs
This is a blog prompt exercise I stumbled on while surfing for information on “How to write a good about page for your personal blog.” I love writing prompts of all kinds, and this one seemed to fit my theme for today. I might even link it to my About page when it’s finished. Thanks to Ashley over at Little Miss Momma for the cute prompt!
On a good note, at least my About page was already ok for the needs of a personal blog. I just shifted the topics on it around. Anyway, on to Things You Should Know About Me If We Are Going To Be BFFs!!
Dear Future BFF
- My name is pronounced BREE like the cheese, not BrEye. That makes me cranky.
- I am usually over caffeinated, as I am a coffee addict. Don’t worry, you will get used to scraping me off the ceiling in no time, and to that string, you get to hold to keep me off of it in the first place!
- That’s also why most people refer to me as a “chipmunk on crack”, and not just because I am short.
- Also remember, chipmunks on crack don’t share their coffee, no matter how much they love you!
- I am overly analytical and too logical, hence my nickname of Spock Jr. I can’t help it, I am a Virgo.
- Being a Virgo, I am a worrier.
- I am also a perfectionist and a tad OCD. I am obsessing as we speak about potential SEO issues of this post.
- Which sometimes makes people think I am anti-social when I start working and striving for perfection.
- I love to talk and will talk your ear off, especially when I get on a tangent
- You should worry on the occasions that I am not…
- I will always tell you what I think when you ask me, even if you don’t like the answer.
- I love music and will sing at the worst times; horribly. You should carry earplugs for moments like that.
- If we go to the movies together, you might want to get your own popcorn…. I dump snow caps into mine, but I will share!
- Speaking of movies, I like the geek kind, like The Lord of the Rings, The Avengers, etc. I really don’t like chick flicks…
- Or scary movies
- I am 90 percent Paleo, but I don’t expect you to be.
- I will bug a waiter or waitress to make sure I can get my meals cooked as Paleo as possible when we go out to eat. Don’t worry, I tip well.
- I became more of a strict Paleo “nut” after being diagnosed with M.S.
- I am allergic to apples, even cooked.
- Grapes make me break out, so do raisins.
- Soy doesn’t like me either.
- I will hang out at the mall with you for the promise of lunch, otherwise, you are on your own.
- I am huggy
- I currently have 3 dogs, they like to hug too.
- I make stupid faces, and impressions… Gollum is my favorite.
- If you call me while I am watching Game of Thrones or Vikings or The Voice (pick a country here), I won’t answer, but I don’t like to chit-chat on the phone anyway. Just come over. 🙂
- I call my brother Chris, “Melanie” and I yell “DON’T BLINK” loudly when my BBFL, Jason shows up.
- As I mentioned earlier, I love to talk and often ramble on… I think that is a good time to close this post out!
So now you know a little about me as a BFF… what do I need to know about you, my new awesome-sauced BFF? Let me know in the comments below!
mmhhhmmm scraping you off from the ceiling, that I know WELL! hahahaha No scary movies? I won’t take you to any then. 😛
LOL Yes.. you are good at it too 😛
I don’t know how to do bullet points here, so I will number …
1. My name is Saffron Justine, and I hate it.
2. I am the youngest of three children, my brother, Dave, is the oldest, and my sister, Debbie, is the middle ….. I always wanted a name that fit in more with theirs
3. I have written 3 books.
4. I have 3 dogs … Lily is my sweet, neurotic, loving dog. She likes long walks through the neighbourhood, peanut butter on ANYTHING, and to stand on the right side of the fence when a stray dog is loose. Stitch, AKA “Little dog”, is a black pug. Her favourite pastime is barking at ANYTHING that moves, rolling in the dirt after a bath, and sleeping as close as she can possibly get to her human’s ear so that her snores are heard. Tessa, is my 12 year old Poodle. She has outlived 2 previous owners and has lived with me for 5 years now. She is blind, deaf, & cranky. … She loves to bark , “Get off my lawn!!”. We let her do whatever she wants.
5. I have 3 cats … Roger, has been with me for 10 years, I just recently found out that Roger is a SHE and not a HE …. I chalk that up to, “Things you should know before you name your cat”. Roger LOVES to sit on my chest and lick my face, Unfortunately, at the time of this writing, Roger is missing and I am sad =( . Baby is a calico that my brother found in a house he was demolishing. We brought her home to live with us against her wishes, I think she has grown to love us. She loves to sit on the front porch stairs and sprawl out to make it difficult for anyone to traverse the stairs without stepping on her. Tsunami is a wee bit over weight, almost 40#. He loves sitting in empty paper bags on the kitchen floor OR inside the bag of cat food so as to block anyone else from having access.
6. I have a chinchilla named Lord Julius L’Orange. He enjoys waiting until everyone is asleep before chewing on his toys that have bells attached and a good dust bath.
7. My favourite movies are Cemetery Junction, Muriel’s Wedding, and Gamle Mænd i Nye Biler (Old Men in New Cars)
8. I love to run,
9. I am a social worker and I specialise in assisting hoarders.
10. I feel deeply and am easily brought to tears, I am often told I am over sensitive.
11. I was raised in a fundamental Christian home. I am currently unlearning everything that i was taught about God, life, and myself and searching for where my place is now. My family disowned me when I left the church and they have not talked to me since October 2014.
12. My best friend was an artist. We worked in social justice and community organising together. He passed away in February 2014, and left everything to me. I can’t bear to throw anything out. My favourite are reading through his journals about days that we spent together and how special they were to him. I miss him desperately, at times his loss is suffocating.
13. I love a good road trip … good music, company, and snack foods. A great way to spend time with someone.
14. Public speaking freaks me out, but I actually do it often. As long as I know the material and am well prepared, I am good to go, but usually need a day alone to recuperate afterward.
15. I love to debate theology & politics. I am not so much concerned with being right as I am in being well educated. I am open to being challenged in my thoughts and views and I look forward to the discussion.
16. I love to sing
17. Mum was worried about us girls being hurt when we were younger so I have never climbed a tree or ridden a bike .. two things I would LOVE to do, but am a bit intimidated by,
18. My favourite thing to do on a summer night is play a huge game of Hide & Seek with about 20-30 people on a local school campus. It takes a couple hours to get through one session, we usually only get through 2 sessions on a night, but it is INCREDIBLY fun.
19,My favourite person in my family is my paternal grandmother, She taught me a lot and loved me unconditionally. I talked to her every day of my life until she passed away when I was 21.
20. I love music, but being raised in a strict household I did not have opportunity to listen to the same music as my peers, I am now making that up by listening to anything and everything. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
21, Apparently I love to talk as I seem to be going on & on, so I will end it here. =)
Saffy, I LOVE YOUR NAME!!! It’s so unique and I have gotten to know you pretty well recently. I can tell you that your name totally fits you as it is as unique and special as you are to me.
We seem to have quite a bit in common, especially the writing, singing and animals. We should get together and do a karaoke night.. I am sure you don’t sing as badly as I do. Besides, if we give everyone else tequila, they will think we are EPIC!! 😛 (Ok so that really happened… was fun, it should happen again!)
I will catch up with ya soon, I will be more than happy to spread music crack with you anytime. It’s not only my job, but one of my passions.
I am so glad you shared this with me. Thank you so much for not only stopping by, but letting me into your world a little more.