Every time Windows 10 has an update, I have some issue, and the lovely BSOD party ensues. Most of the time those issues are drivers that didn’t install correctly or update at all. That is where Driver Easy comes to the rescue.
I would never endorse or teach you a product I didn’t believe was awesome. I am not getting paid for or receiving any discounts for this post. I believe in this program, I use it and have recommended it to other people in my life. You can thank them for this tutorial. We will be using the free version for this tutorial.
Why is Driver Easy Awesome?
“How much is your time worth? Even if Driver Easy saves you only an hour or two, it will more than pay for itself. No more painstaking, fruitless hours searching for drivers. No more dodgy download sites full of adware and spyware. No more phishing scams.”
How to Update Your Drivers with Driver Easy
1. Open Driver Easy. Click the green button to scan for drivers that need updating.
2. Click the update button next to the driver. You cannot click Update all in the free version. You will have to click update one at a time.
3. When it asks you about a restore point, click manually create.
4. Your driver downloads.
5. Now comes the fun part of manually installing your drivers. If this is your first time using the program, it may take you a while. Hit continue.
6. Your File Explorer will pop up to where the program downloads the drivers to. Make a note of the location.
Default is C:\Users\YOURWINDOWSUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Easeware\DriverEasy
7. Click the window key on your keyboard plus the X key to bring up the menu. Select Device Manager
8. Now the hunting will begin if you are not familiar with what driver belongs where. I need to update my ASMedia USB Root Hub, I can find it in the other devices section. Right click on your device and select update
9. Select browse my computer for driver software.
10. Remember how I told you to make a note of where your Driver Easy stored your drivers it downloaded? This is the reason. Browse to that folder, and toggle on Include subfolders. Click Next.
11. The device manager will install your driver. You should be looking at a message that says “Windows has successfully updated your drivers.” Once you have done these steps with all of your outdated drivers, you are done. You will be prompted to reboot if the driver requires.
Final Thoughts on Driver Easy
While you can use the program unlimited for free, Driver Easy is worth the money. The Price for 1 PC is USD 29.95 a year, and currently, 3 PC’s for 1 Year is also USD 29.95.
Have you tried Driver Easy? What are your thoughts? Do you have any tutorial needs you would like me to write? Let me know in the comments below.