Valentine’s day is a few days away, and the holiday is not just for the young, we empty nesters enjoy it too!
Are you an empty nester? If you are, what type are you?
Are you the type that is learning to enjoy the newfound childless freedom, looking at it as a means to rekindle your romance with your SO?
Are you the kind of empty nester who feels lost without children to care for or not sure who your SO is besides mom or dad anymore?
Whichever of the two types of empty nester you consider yourself, remember, being an empty nester means you have the freedom to reconnect with your spouse/partner, meet each other where you are in your current stage of life, and make every night a date night.
There was a reason you fell in love and made those babies that have flown your nest. Your life, relationship, and romance shouldn’t stop because you became parents or because the children left the nest.
Date nights don’t have to cost a lot of money. Dates can be cheap, using what you already have at home, or free, except for gas in your vehicle. Valentine’s dates are no different.
In this post, you will get a list of free or cheap date ideas you and your spouse or partner can enjoy on Valentine’s day or any day of the week, no matter your stage in life. Keep that fire going; empty nest or over 50 doesn’t mean game over… Level Up!
15 Free or Cheap Valentine’s Date Ideas
- Go for a drive and play tourist. Explore a place in your city that you have never been to before.
- Create clues on pieces of paper that lead to a romantic area of your home. The romantic outcome is your choice!
- Give each other massages
- Play video games together
- Stay at home with a themed dinner and a movie
- Find free exhibits and enjoy the cultural experience.
- If your weather allows it, pack a picnic and enjoy the day at a park. If it is snowing, have a picnic indoors.Better yet, move the picnic to your bedroom!
- Build a pillow and blanket fort, and watch a romantic movie. What you do in the privacy of your pillow fort stays in the pillow fort… or bedroom later…
9. Hit YouTube and look for a couple’s yoga video such as this one.
- Read a book together
- Do a DIY project together
- Netflix and chill. (or whatever service you like to watch movies or binge-watch shows on.)
- Recreate your first date at home.
- Make dinner together
- Make Love and appreciate each other. Need some music to help get you in the mood? Check out 19 Romantic Songs for your Valentine’s Day Playlist
These 15 free or cheap Valentine’s date ideas are just a drop in the bucket of all the fun you can have with your lover without breaking the bank. Dating each other and keeping love alive doesn’t have to be complicated, expensive, or extravagant.
What are you planning for Valentine’s Day? We will be doing number 12, Acorn TV, and chill.
Let me know your Valentine’s Day plans in the comments below. Stay safe out there!