Lady Sings The Blues – DJ Set List
Lady sings the blues… If you have come here looking for Ms Day, the one and only Billie Holliday, stay tuned for another post. This post is strictly about some of the great blues women and some of their songs I featured today in my set list.
I love being a DJ!! Be it for a radio station, a club or a party. Best job in the world, folks! Doesn’t really qualify as a job in my opinion, I enjoy it too much. Music makes life worth living, and I enjoy sharing great music to the world and introducing artists to people who have never heard them before. Tonight’s set was well received, and introduced a few people to not only how wonderful
the Blues is, but how powerful the female role in the genre still is. I have linked to all the artist websites. Check them out, buy some tunes! Enjoy!
Lady Sings The Blues DJ Set List
30 songs; 2 hours, 3 mins and 58 seconds.
- Joe Bonamassa – Dislocated Boy (Not a blues woman, but was a prerequest before my set started, so figured I would let him open up for the ladies :))
- Sippie Wallace – Women Be Wise
- Etta James – Dust My Broom
- Big Mama Thorton – Hound Dog
- Janis Joplin – Me and Bobby McGee
- Rory Block – Cross Road Blues
- Bonnie Rait – The Road’s My Middle Name
- Debbie Davis – Blues Woman
- Ruthie Foster – Runaway Soul (this artist is also in the Spotlight here at Duskyillusions.)
- Lou Ann Barton – You Can Have My Husband
- Samantha Fish – Runaway
- Cee Cee James – Black Raven
- Cassie Taylor – That’s My Man
- Lara Price – Faces of The Blues
- Shemekia Copeland – Love Scene
- Ana Popovic – Love Fever
- Deborah Coleman – Moanin The Blues
- Janiva Magness – The Devil is An Angel Too
- Sue Foley – Queen Bee
- Susan Tedeschi – Angel From Montgomery
- Lucinda Williams – Make Me Down a Pallet On Your Floor
- Saffire the Uppity Blues Women – Bitch With A Bad Attitude
- Chantel McGregor – No Good For You
- Trampled Under Foot – Dust My Blues
- Lydia Warren Band – Any Different
- Shakura S’aida – Brown Sugar
- Kellie Rucker – Kiss Me
- Roxanne Potvin – Ain’t It A Shame
- Eden Brent – Nobody Knows You When You’re Down and Out
- Buddy Guy and Tracy Chapman – Ain’t No Sunshine (Anyway I can put Buddy Guy into a blues set I will.. this duet is not only EPIC, but it still kept me in theme… :P)
That was an awesome set!
Thank you! I am glad you enjoyed it.