Fall Bucket List – 25 Things to do During the Fall Season
Fall is just around the corner! Fall is my all-time favorite season, the smells, the colors, the weather… all heavenly. To make the most out of my favorite season, I created a Fall bucket list this year of the 25 things I want to do this season. I hope my list inspires you to make your own and enjoy the season!
Fall Bucket List
1. Decorate outside for fall
I am planning on a Poe-themed Halloween this year. My initial fall decor will be pumpkins, gourds, ravens, mums, and husks thus far. In October I will add skulls, ghouls, and a graveyard picnic inspired by Voltaire.
2. Go pumpkin picking at a patch.
3. Go “Fall Color Touring”
4. Host a scary movie night
Of course, I will throw this event in October. Friends and family gathered in the living room, a fire roaring in the fireplace, treats, and tricks, and a good time had by all.
Posts with Favorite Movies!
5. Do a new fall interior decor DIY involving Steampunk
6. Go to the Fall Fests in my area.
Fests in Colorado I want to go to this year.
7. Add pumpkin to my Chili.
All of my research on pumpkin chili uses 15 oz of pumpkin puree (not the pumpkin pie filling) per 8 servings of chili. Just in case you wanted to know and try it yourself.
8. Serve said chili in pumpkin bowls.
Here is a tutorial to make pumpkin bowls for everything you want to serve.
9. Go on a spooky tour
10. Go on a hayride
11. Jump into a pile of leaves like I did when I was a kid.
12. Run through a corn maze.
13. Do a family scavenger huntFall has always been my favorite season. The time when everything bursts with its last beauty, as if nature had been saving up all year for the grand finale. --- Lauren Destefano Click To Tweet
14. Make a steampunk outfit for Halloween to go along with my Poe theme.
15. Have a bonfire party and tell ghost stories.
16. Donate quality food and Halloween costumes to my local food bank.
My family does this year-round, but before Halloween, we buy and donate Halloween costumes for children in need. During Thanksgiving, we donate to provide boxes with a turkey and all the trimmings for a Thanksgiving dinner.
Helping people in need in your community is rewarding to the psyche. If you can, please consider donating to a family who needs a little help, even if it is just with your time.
17. Plant new bulbs for Spring.
Bulbs I am planting this fall
- Grape Hyacinth
18. Make leaf art projects with my kids and grandkids
19. Go apple picking
20. Make caramel apples paleo style.
I am going to try out Amy Myers’ recipe for caramel apples.
21. Make apple cider
Going to try out Paleo Porn’s apple cider recipe.
22. Make my own vat of apple cider vinegar from scratch.
Make your own apple cider vinegar with Wellness Momma.
23. Volunteer to read children’s stories at my local library.
List of Our Favorite Fall Children’s Books:
- Leaves by David Ezra Stein
- Duck & Goose Find a Pumpkin by Tad Hills
- The Little Scarecrow Boy by Margaret Wise Brown
- The Berenstain Bears and the Prize Pumpkin by Stan and Jan Berenstain
- The Berenstain Bears’ Harvest Festival by Mike Berenstain
- It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown by Charles M. Schulz
24. Make glowing slime in fall colors to play with.
Who doesn’t like slime? Here is a recipe for Elmer’s Glow in the Dark Slime.
25. Capture Fall in an analog scrapbook
What activities are on your Fall Bucket List? Will you be doing anything I have on my list? Let me know in the comments below!