Fun fact, my website used to be a gaming site; tabletop dice and paper, computer games, thriving online community, plus some. In fact, from 1997 – 2001 the site was called Gamer’s Haven.
After pcsing to Colorado and finding out about an epic gaming store called Gamer’s Haven, I gave them the name for their website. I started using the name Dusky Illusions for the gaming community; the name was an homage to my favorite table top character, Morrigan, the Drow. In the years since I gave up the name Gamer’s Haven, the owners that took over didn’t use the name and added co to it. I am okay with that. 🙂
While I don’t write about gaming that often, I still play many of them, including Saturday nights with my dice and character sheets; a girl has to relax. “Me” time is important. I am keeping this Computer Gaming Resource Page up for prosperity and to help other gamers find their way. I might even continue to add helpful links as I find them.
Computer Gaming Resources List
Lord of the Rings Online (LOTRO)
If you would like to play with me on LOTRO, I live on the server Crickhollow, and my toons are Thangwen and Raumolire.
Helpful LOTRO Links
- Plugins – How To Install Them
- The Brasse – LOTRO Maps and Guides
- LOTRO Wiki – LOTRO Wiki Crafter Interdependence.
- LOTRO Wiki – LOTRO Wiki Master Recipe Index.
- LoTROInterface – Plugins, UIs and more
- LOTRO Tutorial – How Many Logged In!
- LOTRO Inventory Bags Customization
- How to Create a LOTRO Shortcut for Quicker Login.
The Sims 4 @ EA. You can also buy Sims 4 directly in Origin.
Helpful Sims 4 Links
- TSR – The Sims Resource – is a Sims custom content site offering custom content for all Sims games which can be downloaded with the intent to alter and/or expand the games. The site offers a wide variety of furniture, hairstyles, clothing items, residential lots, etc. which can all be downloaded for free and installed into people’s games and used in gameplay. They have Custom Content for Sims 1 – 4. I suggest you use an ad blocker, and with a free account, downloads are slower. But the content is worth it.
- Kijiko – Kijiko has given eyelashes to your Sims 4 toons. There is also a great selection of hair for your Sims. Kijiko also has downloads for Sims 3.
- Jomsims Creations – Clothing, makeup, furniture and more.
- Carl’s Sims 4 Guide – You can find guides for game play, building tutorials, a forum, and so much more.
- MC Command Center for Sims 4 – My favorite mod used to give more reality into my Sims 4 life.
- A huge link list of tutorials and resources @ the Sims 4 Forum
- Mod The Sims – Downloads for CC and Mods, Tutorials and more. Content ranges from Sims 2 – 4 You need to register for a free account to download and use the forums.
Links to Other Games I Play
- Prominence – A Science-Fiction adventure game – My brother is one of the people who made this! I am so proud! You can buy it on Steam, or at their website. Check it out!
Prominence is a first-person, point-and-click adventure game for the PC filled with puzzle-solving goodness, compelling character arcs, and an engaging story of hope and humanity in the best traditions of good science-fiction.
- TERA – is a massively multiplayer, free to play online role-playing game developed by Bluehole Studio.
- Neverwinter – is a free-to-play, action MMORPG based on the acclaimed Dungeons & Dragons fantasy roleplaying game developed by Cryptic Studios and released by Perfect World Entertainment
- Rift – is a fantasy free-to-play massively multiplayer online role-playing game developed by Trion Worlds